Here is a summary of Governor Gina Raimondo's COVID-19 briefing on Wednesday:
- Announced the following regulations pertaining to the opening of places of worship on May 30th:
- 25% of maximum capacity
- Communion may be served, with some restrictions (i.e. no shared cup)
- 6 feet spacing between families
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- More guidelines to be released on website https://www.reopeningri.com/
- Indoor Dining: When asked about a recent request by a coalition of restaurants to be allowed to open to inside dining by June first, the governor responded that she was working towards that target date.
- To date, RI has received $1.25 billion in federal funding. Gov. Raimondo says that some money will be used to support the state's overburdened health care system.
- Over 10,000 people have downloaded the "CRUSH COVID RI" mobile app, which was launched on Tuesday.
COVID-19 Data for Wednesday 5/20:
- New cases: 209. Total=13,356
- New fatalities: 6. Total= 538
- Previous day tests 3,086