While some people dread the holidays, others look forward to it all year, but it turns out, for a lot of those folks, the holidays never really live up to the expectations they have for them.
A new survey finds…
- A fifth of Americans say their holidays at home don’t live up to their expectations.
- 21% actually say their celebrations are a disappointment.
But even with the disappointment a lot of folks wouldn’t think of not celebrating the holidays the same way every year. In fact,
- 72% of folks have a traditional way of spending the holidays.
- 63% would feel guilty not following those annual holiday traditions.
- 52% wouldn’t break traditions because they’d miss celebrating with family and friends.
- Other reasons folks wouldn’t break holiday traditions include:
- They enjoy seeing family during the holidays (49%)
- They would miss holiday food (37%)
- They wouldn’t want to miss out on my holiday traditions (34%)
- The cost/expense of flying around the holidays (34%)