Here is a summary of Governor Gina Raimondo's daily press briefing regarding COVID-19:
- Rhode Island state officials reported 189 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the state total to date to 13,571.
- Eighteen new fatalities were also reported, raising the state total to 556.
- 2,737 test were conducted on Wednesday.
- State Rapid Response task force is working with nursing homes to contain COVID-19. Task force has been contacted by 44 homes to date.
- Each facility is being instructed on enhanced procedures for cleaning and using PPE.
- Goal is test test every employee of every nursing home, every 7-10 days.
- Summer Camp Guidelines will be posted on state website on Thursday afternoon: https://www.reopeningri.com/
- Guidelines include enhanced cleaning. Groups limited to 15 kids.