Fire At Providence Hotel


(Providence, RI) -- There was a fire in the basement of a Providence hotel on Monday night. It happened at the Hilton on Atwells Avenue at around 6:30 p.m. Firefighters were reportedly able to contain the blaze to an industrial dryer in the basement, but smoke escaped through the laundry chute into the hotel, causing a guest to report trouble breathing. That person was treated by first responders on-scene and declined a trip to the hospital. Other guests were asked to briefly shelter in place while crews ventilated the building.

photo: Getty Images


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content